Thursday, February 23, 2017

Mew are my Valentine

I would like to share some variety in terms of art, so here is a valentine I made for my fiance this year drawn in Adobe Illustrator. I started with the heart background which I already kind of made. I blurred it and put a translucent color over the top of it. I then moved on to the cute, little Pokemon, Mew! I drew his head first without any facial features, added the eyes and lines on his face, and added a mesh which is what added the different pink coloration to skin. I then moved on to his body and followed the same steps. I added the text where I typed on a line that I drew so that the text would conform to the shape of the Pokemon. I then added a purple heart and adjusted Mew's arms, but I wasn't satisfied with the simplicity of the heart, and I decided to go all out by drawing a JEWEL purple heart. My fiance, Dillon loves it and wants to get it framed, so I would say that this project was a success!

7 comments:

  1. Im so impressed by your work! I cant wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Luckily I make art all the time for the art department and my two jobs, so I have plenty to share :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! This one was particularly fun for me :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. That was the goal! Wanted to make something cute for my honey on Valentine's day :)

      Delete