Friday, March 10, 2017

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes

Here is one of the latest flyers I made for an event being hosted by the Student Health Center here at Lamar University. I began by taking pictures of my fiance wearing a pair of the shoes that were provided for the event. He did such a wonderful job posing and got lots of looks while doing so! This is the picture that I settled on. He preferred for his face not to be shown, but understood if it looked better for design. I changed the entire photo from color to black and white in Adobe Photoshop. It was required that I add in the Walk a Mile logo and name. I lowered the opacity on the banners and blurred the picture behind them so that the text would be more visible. I added all of the required textual content. I made a copy of the original picture, and then I created a clipping mask within that copied layer. I went in with the brush tool and added the color back into the shoes to emphasize the colors involved with the event. I still wasn't satisfied, so I made another copy of the image and erased everything except for the right shoe (our left). If you guys know anything about layers in the Adobe programs then you know that you can't simply move around any objects to appear in front or behind other objects without somehow isolating them. So anyways, I then had a lone shoe which I move above the banner at the bottom in order to give it a final pop!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! The picture you decided to use is a excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I like how he had his hands on his hips. Very sassy. XD

      Delete
  2. This is perfect! Perfect for the event the health center is hosting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I told Rachel yesterday that the flyer all of y'all are posting was made by me, and she was pleasantly surprised :)

      Delete
  3. Overall your design for your artwork is amazing, now the only thing that needs improvement is the way you present your website. You want your audience to be astonished at the way you style your website. Some thing you can do is find a font that will go great with your theme and that blends wells with your background. At the moment you just a simple font, and would look better a different font. in addition, in your paragraph content the text is too stacked next to each other, if there's a way you can indent or give padding it would give more shape to your content. Therefore, by stylizing your website better it will help you gain viewers due to the fact that they will be intrigued by your content and will want to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback, Mario! Right now the typeface is in Georgia which is my favorite font, but I will look into changing it to satisfy my audience over my own wants :)

      Delete